Saturday, February 08, 2014

Salmon and Veggie Spring Rolls

Does anyone else dread packing a lunch for work?  I envy people that can come home for lunch or are able to eat out.  But as a teacher, my options are to either buy a frozen pizza slice, applesauce, and whole milk balanced, nutritious lunch at the school, or to bring my own.  And I don't know about you, but preparing a decent lunch at 5 o'clock in the morning is not something I want to waste my time with- especially when I could be using that time to get some more sleep.  So, this leads to packing lunches the night before.  I like to prepare all of my lunches for the week on Sunday, but there's just something about heating "leftovers" that I don't like.  And I get so bored eating the same thing all week.  Long story short.. I am in need of some new lunchbox creations!  That being said....  

I decided it was time to start eating more spring rolls after finding a 150 sheet bag of wrappers for only $7! I can't wait to try different ingredients and sauces.  The good thing about them is they are pretty fast to make so I can whip up 5 or 6 different rolls for the week and not worry about what I am going to bring for lunch! :)  




Here is what you will need:

Ingredients: 
2 spring roll wrappers, 30cm 
3 oz smoked salmon
1/4 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1 medium avocado
pinch of ginger, optional

Directions:

Lay wrapper in warm water for 20-30 seconds, making sure to cover all sides.  The wrapper is ready when it becomes gel-like.  Remove from water and gently spread over large plate or surface. 
Arrange all other ingredients in the middle. 
Fold the two ends in first, then take one side and tightly roll it up until it is fully wrapped.  
Slice in half or eat it as it.  I like to dip these in liquid aminos, which is a great soy sauce alternative!  
Enjoy!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nutritious Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig