This is one of my favorite quinoa recipes! All it takes is quinoa and some of your favorite veggies! The best part about it is that is lasts all week- hello ready-to-go lunches! Tastes just like a pasta salad, but way more healthy and has 10g of protein. What more could you ask for?
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup spinach, uncooked, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- 1 handful of snap peas, about 1 cup
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Boar's Head Delicatessen Mustard (spicy brown mustard)
- pinch of fresh salt & ground pepper
*If you decide to make more/less quinoa, remember the amount of water should always be twice the amount of uncooked quinoa.
1. Bring water to a boil and add uncooked quinoa. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until water is completely absorbed. When cooked, refrigerate to bring quinoa to a cool temperature.
2. As quinoa is cooking, add spinach, snap peas, red pepper, black olives, and mushroom to a large bowl.
3. When quinoa is cooled, add to the bowl and mix well.
4. In a small dish, mix oil, vinegar, mustard, and salt & pepper. When dressing is fully mixed, drizzle over the salad. Toss salad until fully coated with dressing.
5. Refrigerate and serve when cold!