Monday, February 03, 2014

Açai Power Bowl

When I get home from work, I am literally starving.  Not sure if it's because I eat an express 30 minute 15 minute lunch at 10:24 am (aka I'm a teacher) or if it's just because I am always hungry- but whatever the reason-  I need to find a solution to it.  I always want to grab a bag of chips or crackers just because it is fast and not a hassle to make before dinner.  For about a year now, I have switched from "snacks" to smoothies after work and it has been WONDERFUL!  It gives me just enough energy and fills me up until dinner time.  It has also worked out great with my workout routine because the smoothie bowls are prefect post workout meals {lots of protein, vitamins, and nutrients!}


Ingredients:
2 tbsp. açai powder {can be found at Wholefoods}
1 scoop protein powder, optional
1/4 cup organic granola
1 tbsp. sliced almonds
1 tbsp. flaxseed
t tbsp. chia seed 
1 banana
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
2-4 oz coconut milk* can be substituted with almond or soy milk
*add more or less coconut milk depending on how thick you want it


Directions:
Add coconut milk, strawberries, banana, açai powder, and seeds to blender.  Blend well.
Pour into a bowl and top with granola, almonds, and extra seeds for garnish.
Enjoy!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nutritious Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig