Monday, May 19, 2014

Banana Protein Muffins


Ingredients:

1 cup plain rolled oats
3 egg whites, about 1/4 cup
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
2 scoops vanilla protein powder, optional
3 ripe bananas*
1 cup greek yogurt, I used fage 0% fat
1/4 cup light brown sugar, or 6-7 packets of organic stevia if you want sugar free

*I know it sounds crazy, but the older the bananas the better they will turn out.  I wait for them to turn almost completely black!




Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender.  
Pour into a greased muffin pan or into plastic muffin liners.  Be careful if using paper liners.. the muffins will stick to the paper because of the oats!
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.  Not sure if its the ingredients or just my  luck, but every batch I make starts out with a fluffy muffin top then sinks shortly after I take them out.. Don't worry though- doesn't change the taste!
Hope you enjoy!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nutritious Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig