Monday, May 19, 2014

Asian Chopped Salad







This has been one of my favorite go-to salads for so long.. I think it's finally time to make a blog post on it.  I get so tired of eating the same salad everyday- I know I can't be the only one.  I LOVE LOVE switching up my salads with this one.  Makes 1 huge salad, enough to last all week for lunch!

As always, my ingredients are literally thrown in as I go.. I rarely stop and measure out anything.  I always go by how much I like the flavor of something.  If you like cilantro than use a lot.  If not, then only use a few leaves. :)


Ingredients:
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
about 1/4 cup chopped cashews
red onion, thinly sliced
3-4 scallions (green onion), chopped
1/4 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup cooked rice sticks 
1/2 head cabbage, chopped in thin strips
Dressing:

2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp natural rice vinegar
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
sprinkle of chili powder, salt, pepper, toasted sesame seeds



Cook the rice sticks (white noodles) according to the package.  
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix in dressing.  Keep refrigerated and enjoy! 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nutritious Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig